2nd Annual ‘BOOTS ON THE GROUND HEROES RUN’ 2013
Search Mothers of AMF
Click above to view the Official 2013 BoTG Heroes Run Racing Shirt
2nd Annual BOOTS ON THE GROUND HEROES RUN – 2013
5k/10k Run – 5k Walk – Half & 1 Mile Kid Fun Run
Saturday, October 19 – 8:00 a.m. – Fort Clinch State Park Fernandina Beach, FLback to top
This charitable event is hosted by MOTHERS OF AMERICA’S MILITARY FALLEN ~ SPC KELLY J MIXON FOUNDATION. All net proceeds are a direct donation to Mothers of AMF Foundation. Fundraisers, such as this one, make it possible to continue supporting American Deployed Troops, Gold Star Families, and Honor the Fallen.
This year, BOOTS ON THE GROUND – AMERICA REMEMBERS will debut along Atlantic Avenue. This is the first stop for the 1.5 Mile Traveling Memorial Of Over 7,000 Combat, Bunker, and Law Enforcement Boots With Pictures and Flags Honoring 9-11 Firefighters, Law Enforcement, and Post 9-11 Military Fallen Warriors.
Annually, Boots On The Ground HEROES RUN 5K/10K is held in Historic Fernandina Beach, FL. A full day of activities free to the public offer several opportunities for citizens to get involved and support the extended Military Family. Some of these activities are:
- “Trees For Troops” Decorate Christmas trees and signing cards for shipment to deployed troops during the holidays
- “Postcards To Families Of The Fallen” Remember the rank and name of a Fallen Hero as you walk among the boot route. Fill out a postcard provided by us to their families
- “Kelly’s Quest” Geocaching for items with travel bugs attached
- “Coloring For The Troops” Children’s activity area
- “Escort 2 Honor” parade of 300 motorcycles and flags
- “Remembrance Recon” List of 10 questions with answers found along the 1.5 mile traveling memorial Boots On The Ground – America Remembers…Over 7000 boots and pictures of America’s Fallen Heroes.
- Military Weapons Display and Flight Simulator courtesy of the 125th Fighter Wing ANG.
Check out this years timeline of events for October 19, 2013. http://mothersofamf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/TIMELINE-OF-EVENTS-OCTOBER-19TH.pdf
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES OCTOBER 16TH AT MIDNIGHT!
REGISTRATION DROP OFF: CURRENT RUNNING, 815 S. 8th St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
REGISTRATION MAIL IN: MOTHERS OF AMF, P.O. Box 5126, St. Marys, GA 31558
REGISTRATION AND FEES (No Refunds) Includes a Dri-Fit Event Shirt and Commemorative Dog Tag with Chain!
Preregistration Fees – Ends October 16 at Midnight • 5K Run $27.00 • 10K Run $30.00 • 5K Walk $25.00 • Kid Fun Run $15.00
Race Day Registration Fee – October 19, 2013 • 5K and 10K Run $35.00 • 5K Walk $35.00 • Kiddie fun run $15.00
Race Packet Pickup Early Check In: Available on Friday, October 18th, from (10:30 a.m. to 6pm) at Current Running, 815 S. 8th St., Fernandina Beach, FL, 32034
Race Day Registration Begins at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, October 19, at 2500 Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic Recreation Center Parking Lot (Starbucks coffee, fruits and water are available)
NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 7:15 A.M. THE DAY OF THE RACE.
- 10K run – 0800 (water station at the 1.5 mile point 3 mile point and the 5 mile point)
- 5K run – 0800 (water station at the half way point)
- 5K walk – 0810 (water station at the half way point)
- Kiddie fun run – 0915 (water provided)
Start Location and Route
5K Run and Walk begins at Atlantic Rec Center, 2500 Atlantic Ave, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
10K Run Begins at Egans Creek Park – A Short Walk from the Recreation Center
10K run—At 0745 you will need to make your way over to the Egan’s Creek Park located just one block west of the Recreation Center on Atlantic Ave. Your route is as follows;
Go west on Atlantic Ave until you reach 14th street. Please stay to the right of the traffic cones.
Turn right and follow N14th Street until you reach the open rear gate of Fort Clinch State Park. Go through the gate all the way to the end and turn right. Signs will be Clearly Marked throughout the entire route!
You will reach a fork in the road, continue to the right and keep straight. Pass the gate guard and once you get back to Atlantic Ave you will turn right then make your next left on Jean Lafitte Blvd then right into the rec center parking lot across the finish line. DOWNLOAD PDF ROUTE MAP.
5K run —Runners will enter Fort Clinch main entrance and run 1.5 miles to the turnaround point and back to Atlantic Recreation Center.
5K walk — Walkers will enter Fort Clinch main entrance and walk 1.5 miles to the turnaround point and back to Atlantic Recreation Center.
Kiddie fun run – Course will be given on race day.
- 10K and 5K AWARDS: Male and Female Overall, Masters (40+) and Grandmasters (50+) Three-deep group awards: 10 and under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+ No separate Walking Awards and no Multiple Awards.
- Kiddie Fun Run participants receive a kids dog tag medal commemorating the ’2nd Annual Boots On The Ground Heroes Run – 2013′
- Dri-Fit Event Shirts and Commemorative dog tag with ball chain to pre-registered runners. Dog tags may not be availablefor race day registration. Tags are available to first 500 participants!
- Door prizes (save your bib number)
- Disposable Timing Chip. Pre-registration required for personal timing chip use.
- No Headphones, animals, bicycles or strollers on the course.
- Dri-Fit Event Shirts an Commemorative dog tag with ball chain to pre-registered walkers. Dog tags may not be available for race day registration. Tags are available to first 500 participants!
- No Headphones, animals, bicycles or strollers on the course.
Kiddie fun run
- Parents are encouraged to run with kids (free); complete separate form.
- Pre-registered kids runners get a t-shirt
- All finishers get a ribbon necklace with commemorative dog tag
Whether you’re participating in the run or just spectating, we’d really appreciate if you would consider donating to our mission. Mothers of America’s Military Fallen ~ Spc Kelly J Mixon Foundation is a VOLUNTEER ONLY non-profit organization that honors the memory and sacrifice of Fallen Military, Firefighter and Law Enforcement Officers. We provide support for deployed American Troops, Gold Star Mothers and Families of the Fallen. To find out more about how you can donate, check out or Donation Page or visit us on ActiveGiving.com.
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island – Historic Harbor Front 904-491-4911 Official Host Hotel for 2nd Annual Boots On The Ground Heroes Run - email us for discount code after registering. firstname.lastname@example.org